Home Inspector Policy/Program Details
(Please note: Certain coverages vary by state. Please ask your OREP agent.)
• Broad protection against the unique E&O exposures facing home inspectors.
Coverages Available: Radon, Termite/WDI/WDO, Prior Acts, Lead Paint, Pool & Spa, EIFS/Stucco, Indoor Air Quality Testing, Green Building Inspections, Infrared Thermography, Rodent inspections, Mold, Septic/Water testing, and more.
• Limited Coverage for real estate agents, brokers, mortgage lenders & relocation companies automatically named as additional Insureds for referrals.
• Limited Coverage for commercial and industrial inspections.
• Coverage can be added for Energy Rating and Mortgage Field Service Inspections.
*Please note: Coverages vary by state.
Special Policy Features
• Policy includes coverage for all the inspectors employed by the firm and independent contractors. Independent contractors are part of the definition of “insured” with this policy.
• Policy includes punitive damages.
• Up to three years Extended Reporting Period coverage (or “tail” coverage), should you decide to retire or sell/close your business.
More Policy/Program Notes:
Duty to Defend and “pay on behalf of” contract
1,2 & 3-year Extended Reporting Period (ERP) options available
Defense Outside the Limit of Liability available
Limited Personal Injury Coverage Built In
50% deductible reduction if the Insured agrees to use mediation and the claim is resolved by mediation
Coverage for suits against spouses and domestic partners of the Insureds
Coverage for Independent Contractors of the Insured (subject to terms in the policy form)
Tailored definition of Professional Services — provides individually crafted policies to accommodate approved services under one policy.
Automatic Coverage for acquired or created Subsidiaries (subject to terms and conditions of the policy)
Automatic 30-day post reporting period