OREP Appraiser Benefits
OREP provides appraisers more than just insurance. All OREP Members enjoy incredibly valuable benefits designed to help you grow your business, limit your liability, and be a better appraiser.
SPECIAL FOR APPRAISERS: Free 14 Hours of CE (Over $250 Value) – Pick Two out of Four Courses
As part of the OREP RPG/Membership Risk Management Program, OREP Members can now enjoy 14 hours of Approved Continuing Education, at no extra cost! For a list of approved states, please visit OREPEducation.org. CE not approved in GA, IL, MN, and AK.
How to Raise Quality and Minimize Risk – 7 HOURS CE
FHA Appraisal Standards – 7 HOURS CE
Non-Lending Appraisal Assignments – 7 HOURS CE
Appraiser Liability and Risk Management – 7 HOURS CE (Approved in over 25 states)
Enjoy 14 hours of Approved CE, and save $$$ when you become an OREP Member THIS YEAR! Benefits part of OREP Risk Purchasing Group.
Plus Enjoy All These Other Valuable Benefits:
Free Training Classes (Over $200 Value)
OREP offers a number of valuable training courses for OREP Members, designed to help you improve your skills, limit your liability, and protect and grow your business. OREP Members enjoy the following courses FREE:
- FREE Two-Part Webinar to Improve Your Skills: Appraising Complex and Unusual Properties
- FREE Webinar on Q&C Ratings: Understanding Quality and Condition (Q&C) Ratings
- FREE Webinar on Adjustments: Easy Ways to Use Excel to Support Your Adjustments
- FREE Webinar on State Board Complaints: Fighting Appraisal Board Complaints: An Expert’s Advice
- FREE Webinar on Limiting Liability: Claims, Complaints and E&O Insurance
- FREE Six-Part Appraiser Coursework from OREP Education: Click Here to Learn More
- How to Determine Land Values, Even Where There Are No Sales
- Comparables: What to Use and What to Do When You Can’t Find Any
- Why the Cost Approach is Valuable (and Helps You Earn Higher Fees)
- Easy Ways to Determine Condition Adjustments
- How a Regression Analysis Can Help Determine Adjustments
- Fighting Pressure and Intimidation
Free and Discounted CE
OREP Members enjoy 14 hours of risk management Continuing Education (not approved in GA, IL, MN, or AK), as well as discounts on other coursework through the OREP Education Network. Save hundreds of dollars at the OREP Education Network on high-quality CE classes with the latest information and advice from industry experts. Save $20-$30 per CE course and more when you bundle. Don’t miss these great classes, including:
- How to Support and Prove Your Adjustments (7 Hours)
- Identifying and Correcting Appraisal Failures (7 Hours)
- How to Raise Appraisal Quality and Minimize Risk (7 Hours) (FREE TO OREP Members)
- FHA Appraisal Standards (7 Hours) (FREE TO OREP Members)
- Non-Lending Appraisal Assignments (7 Hours) (FREE TO OREP Members)
- Navigating California’s Laws and Regulations (4 Hours)
McKissock Discount: Additionally, All OREP Members can now save 10% off McKissock Membership, including USPAP. Flexible learning, world-class appraisal content, and professional development, all for a fraction of the cost. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for your discount code.
Guaranteed Delivery of Working RE Magazine ($60 value)
OREP Members receive a free subscription to Working RE Magazine, the largest circulation print magazine for home inspectors in the country, including over 250 premium content articles ($60 value).
Free State Board Complaint Consulting (Over $100 Value)
Insulating yourself against state board complaints has never been more vital to the success of your business. OREP Members enjoy a free half hour consultation with Bob Keith, MNAA, IFA, Former Director for the Oregon Appraisal Board, or a free half hour State Board Complaint Consulting with Joshua Walitt. Plus, receive 25% off any consulting services if needed for either Bob Keith or Joshua Walitt. Head off trouble before it starts.
Joshua Walitt (SRA, AI-RRS, MNAA, CDEI) is the principal consultant for Walitt Solutions. He provides short- and long-term consulting services related to valuation, education, review, and investigations. Clients include lending institutions, appraisers, AMCs, attorneys, accountants, education providers, regulators, and others. If you’re faced with a State Board Complaint, don’t go it alone.
“I spoke at length this afternoon with Bob Keith. We discussed the complaint, the items in my workfile, and the appropriate response. I feel much more confident now. This is a tremendous benefit as an OREP Member. Thank you for your direction and guidance.” —James S.
OREP Members enjoy a Free 1-Hour Consultation with trial attorney Craig Capilla when facing a complaint from their State Board, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), or the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). With both state board and HUD discrimination complaints on the rise, appraisers need a professional with EXPERIENCE in their corner. Click here to learn more about Appraiser Defense and trial attorney Craig Capilla.
Corporate Savings (Save Over $500 Every Year)
Lower Prices from your Favorite Suppliers. Click here for a recent cost comparison of typical office supplies and the savings you can enjoy through this free program. Save hundreds a year on office expenses with this free benefit — Click for details.
- Find Better Paying Clients Quickly: Save on the 2023 AMC Marketing Guide and Directory
- Streamline FHA Appraising and Reduce your Liability: Save on the FHA Checklist Instructions and eBook
- Avoid Callbacks and Problems with Your State Board. Get expert advice if problems arise: Save on the eBook Expert’s Guide to a Defensible Workfile
- Save up to 20% on valuable educational Webinars – Grow your business, be more efficient, limit your liability, and more!
- 50% off Report/Workfile Review Consulting. Improve your reports and become a better appraiser. Click for details.
- Group Medical Insurance (Calif. residents) and nationwide Short Term Medical Insurance.
- Save 18% on Business Owner’s Policy
Already an OREP Member? Email email@example.com with questions about how to access your OREP Benefits.
You can purchase an OREP Affiliate Membership separate from insurance here.